Friday, June 12, 2015

From Jeremy Heaton (June 7, 2015):

For an advanced topics independent research course, at the Villanova's computer science graduate department, I made a GLSL renderer and game engine. I used your book as the main reference. I was relatively new to GLSL, about a year working with it on my spare time. I found your book absolutely overwhelming. I would read twenty pages, be amazed with what I read, and then spend 20 hours doing research online about the topic. I never heard of SSE or custom memory managers before your book. Every year Villanova's computer science department gives an award to the best graduate student advanced topic research project. My project won the award. I plan on meticulously rereading your book and learning as much as I can. Thank you for writing it, it is the most interesting computer graphics book I have read so far.

-----

Wow that's excellent news! Congratulations on your award! I'm glad my book provided you with some guidance and inspiration. From the sound of it, your hard work and perseverance really paid off; this kind of work ethic will take you far.

Thank you for sharing this awesome story!


J

2 comments:

  1. This includes powering vehicles, aircraft, trains, and ships. It is also being used to power homes, offices, industries, and power plants. More information about computer & laptop repair service click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post !!! BR Softech is a top mobile game development company that develop mobile games according to your requirements at affordable price. Hire mobile game developer for your game projects.

    ReplyDelete